1. Awareness Programme on Dairy Farming for Rural Farmers (NEX-001)
From IGNOU WiKi
This programme has been developed in Colloboration with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India.
About the Programme
The programme imparts knowledge and technical proficiency in Dairy Farm Management Practices, Animal Healthcare, Fodder Production and Clean Milk Production etc. It also encourages entrepreneurship among the youth for self-employment. One cycle of the programme has been already completed in two states viz. Rajasthan and Bihar. It is proposed to run one cycle of the programme in 20 Training Centres through Dairy Federation in each of the 4 more states viz. Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Chattisgarh proposed by the MoRD.
The main objective of the programme is to:
- imparting knowledge and technical proficiency in Dairy Farm Management Practices, Animal Healthcare, Fodder Production and Clean Milk Production.
- development of the necessary human resource for dairy farming system on scientific lines and encouraging entrepreneurs among the youth for self-employment through Dairy Farming.
- Marginal/small farmers
- Dairy farm women
- Agricultural labourers and the Rural Youth
- Members of dairy co-operative societies, Milk Federation, Unions, NGOs, SHGs.
The study materials include 14 modules in Hindi language. The broad contents are:
(ii) Animal Breeding
(iv) Calving and Calf Rearing
(v) Animal Nutrition/Feed and Fodder Management
(vi) Milk Production
(vii) Milk Testing, milk Handling and Storage
(viii) Animal Housing and Shelter
(ix) Health Management
(x) Animal Disease Prevention and Control
(xi) Disposal of Dung and Dairy Waste Materials
(xii) Dairy Farm Equipment
(xiii) Dairy Farm Economics and Accounting and
(xiv) Role of different Agencies in Dairying Developments.
For further information, kindly contact:
- Dr. P. Vijayakumar
- Assistant Professor& Programme Coordinator
- School of Agriculture
- G Block, Zakir Hussain Bhawan
- New Academic Complex
- IGNOU, Maidan Garhi
- New Delhi - 110 068, INDIA
- Phone: +91-11-29573092
- Fax: +91-11-29533167
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org